PLEASE NOTE: All face-to-face training has been postponed until further notice.
In the interim we have launched a NEW
Better Boards online training programme Good Governance during COVID-19 and beyond
, a series of webinars open to all VCS organisations in Hertfordshire. This online training programme has been developed to improve the effectiveness of Hertfordshire’s voluntary sector, to help aid response & recovery during COVID-19. Find out more HERE
It is widely recognised that well-functioning trustee boards and management committees provide solid foundations for success and long term sustainability in charitable organisations. Better Boards is a fully comprehensive governance training programme, that provides effective training and development. Governance training can be transformational in terms of unlocking the potential of the organisation as a whole.
The Better Boards Programme
The programme is supported by Hertfordshire County Council Adult Care Services. Enrolment for the funded 2019/2020 programme is now closed. (However, we can also provide the programme at an affordable rate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
to discuss). We hope to launch the 2020/2021 programme in the autumn term. The programme includes:
- An initial consultation delivered at their premises supplemented by telephone interviews as required. The purpose of these is to understand their board's situation and identify development needs
- Good Governance training workshop – 4 hours delivered in-house to the board and Chief Executive/key senior manager(s). Offered to organisations whose board has not received training since the 2017 Charity Governance Code.
- Bite-size workshops - short sessions on relevant issues delivered at board meetings.
Alongside this core activity HCF Training & Development have also launched:
- Our Better Boards online training programme, now available to the wider Hertfordshire VCS sector, Good Governance during COVID-19 and beyond
- Action Learning groups for the CEO & Chair in response to COVID-19
- An updated edition of Building Effective Boards a practical 'free to download' resource for trustees developed by #TeamHerts Volunteering and HCF Training and Development.
- Hertfordshire's first annual trustee conference 'Building Effective Boards', in partnership with #TeamHerts Volunteering, which was held in November 2019. Guest speakers include:
-Karl Wilding, Chief Executive, NCVO
-Sue Pearlman, TP Consultants (HCF Lead governance trainer)
-Cub Llewelyn-Davies, Charity Sector Engagement Lead, National Cyber Security Centre
-James Watson-O'Neill, Chief Executive, SignHealth
Better Boards Trainers
HCF Training and Development has established an excellent team of trainers to deliver the Better Boards programme across Hertfordshire. All our Better Boards trainers have extensive experience of managing organisations, being members of boards themselves and of providing support and training for local charities.