If we do not recognise that we have these unconscious assumptions, we may remain unaware of how we are using these to either exclude groups or encourage involvement of a particular group. The purpose of the workshop is to review unconscious bias to develop fresh ideas on equality and organisational change. The workshop will be interactive, through group discussion and reflection.
The workshop will include:
- looking at what we mean by “normal”
- power and the meaning of privilege
- culture, assumptions and organisational discrimination
- tackling unconscious bias to build equality, diversity and inclusion
By the end of the workshop, participants will have
- An understanding of the meaning of unconscious bias
- Had an opportunity to recognise and challenge some of their own personal biases
- Some practical tips on how to support a culture of diversity in the workplace.
About the trainer:
la Chandavarkar has substantial management and work experience in the voluntary and public sectors. She is a consultant and trainer whose previous roles include Head of Policy at the national Women’s Resource Centre, Chief Officer at MENTER, an East of England race equality network, and Voluntary Sector Support Manager at Cambridge City Council.
NO additional charge - fully funded webinar.