HCF Training and Development manages a county-wide programme of short practical courses for voluntary and community organisations. The aims of the programme are to enable voluntary and community organisations to:
- Be well run (Governance, Leadership and Management, Business/operational skills)
- Operate safely and legally (Safeguarding, Health and Safety, First Aid)
- Become sustainable (Income generation, Marketing/Communications/Social Media)
We also aim to support organisations so they are able to thrive in the changing landscape. In particular we need to develop skills that will help the delivery of HCC’s Community First model, and enable them to operate in an environment of personal budgets, direct payments and social prescribing. Organisations need to become more enterprising with improved business skills. This is reflected in some of the new courses we are introducing in 2017-18:
- Maintaining Professional Boundaries
- Managing Challenging and Aggressive Behaviour
- Providing a Great Customer Experience
- The Price is Right! Costing Your Services
- Developing your Earned Income
- Optimising Website Performance
- Writing a Simple Business Plan
Our courses are all subsidised to ensure that they are affordable for voluntary and community organisations. We work with host partners based in each of the districts of Hertfordshire. Visit the Courses Directory
on the HCF Training website to download the calendar and to view details of all our courses.
HCF Training and Development also provides subsidised training for tutors in private and voluntary adult social care providers. The Level 3 Award in Education and Training provides foundation teaching skills for those delivering internal or external training. Details of available courses are on the HCF Training website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to be added to our waiting list.
We have a team of 10 experienced advisors who provide face to face advice and guidance and organisational needs analysis for voluntary and community organisations (free of charge to those providing adult social care). HCF also has a pool of trainers accredited by Hertfordshire County Council to deliver Safeguarding Adults at Risk Level 1 Training to voluntary and community groups.