In this workshop you will discuss ways to support and manage trustees on your Board, particularly those who may be neurodiverse or have a learning or physical disability, so that all trustees can play a constructive and meaningful role on your Board.
The session will look at a variety of support mechanisms and how other Board members can play a role in making them feel welcome, included and how they can value their insights and contributions. Learning Outcomes:
Participants completing this course will be able to:
- Identify what a diverse and inclusive board would look like and what adaptations might be needed to support it
- Understanding the reasons for ensuring that your Board is more diverse
- Learning about methods of introducing users to what the Board does, its remit, its plans and its current workload
- Understanding what preparation requirements users may need before each Board meeting
- Learning techniques to support users during meetings.
This course will be led by Robin Hodgkinson, a freelance voluntary sector trainer and consultant, and HCF Training & Development Better Boards trainer. Robin Hodgkinson has been delivering training courses in the sector for over two decades, covering VCS management and trustee board training. He wrote an online Trustee training course, endorsed by the Charity Commission and is also an assessor for the Trusted Charity Mark quality award.Cost:
All Springboard webinars are FREE to attend and fully funded by Hertfordshire County Council Adult Care Services.BOOK COURSE